A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

September 8, 2011
Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

THE FLOOD THAT SAVED ME

We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28

Whenever there is a downpour, our street is the first to be flooded. I had dreamt to live in a better subdivision, but for a dozen reasons, we could not leave our place. Still, I hated the floods — until Ondoy came on September 26, 2009.
At 7 a.m., our street was already flooded, so I couldn’t go to work. That saved me from being stranded for long hours in traffic and from being exposed to dangerous situations.
At about 10 a.m., the flood started to creep into our house. Alarmed, I sent text messages to friends to pray for us. But I found out some of them were suffering a lot worse. So I called on Jesus to save us and asked Mary and all the saints I could name to intercede for us. The floodwater gradually left our living room. Later, I learned the subdivisions I dreamt to live in were ravaged by the floods. Had we lived in those subdivisions, we would have been among those who lost their homes.
It is difficult to fathom why we suffer, but even in the midst of our ordeal, let us cling to the promise in Romans 8:28: That all things will eventually work for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose. Cynthia Santiago (boses2go@gmail.com)
8
REFLECTION:
To everything, there is a season and a good reason.

Lord, strengthen my faith that I may feel Your presence especially in my darkest hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive