A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

September 9, 2011
DON’T JUDGE ME!

“First take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” – Luke 6:42

I used to write a series of stories back in high school, and one of the favorite mottos of my character was, “The thing you like or hate the most about another person is the thing you like or hate the most about yourself.” I can’t remember where I found that motto, but it fit my character’s personality, who, incidentally, was based on me.
I wrote those stories in first year high school as a way of coping and adjusting to the big change. It was a hard time then because everyone was trying to find their place in the school and among friends. Everyone was getting into some kind of argument or fight because someone would say something bad about the other person — from something as simple as not liking the way they talk or an apparent attitude problem.
I’m ashamed to admit that I was also one of those people who would say bad things about others then. Now, I try to remember my character’s motto whenever I feel annoyed with another person, because it certainly carries a whole lot of truth about getting along with others in life. Tina Matanguihan (tina.matanguihan@gmail.com)
9
REFLECTION:
When someone annoys you, take a deep breath and look in the mirror: What do you see?

Father, may I be slow to judge and quick to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive