A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 10, 2011
ROOTS

“The seed sown on rocky ground is the one who hears the Word and receives it at once with joy. But he has no root and lasts only for a time.” – Matthew 13:20-21

In the industry I’m in, time is of the essence. Working 10-12 hours a day is normal. That leaves me eight hours of trying to put myself to sleep and four to six hours of enjoying the company of my beautiful wife, eating, serving in community, exercising and all the other activities I need to do. Of course, the weekends are bliss for me.
The one thing I realized is when I don’t pray for a day, everything else falls apart. It’s not enough to just read the Word and reflection of the day. If I stop at that, trials and anxieties soon take over and I find myself back to square one.
The strength I need for the day only lasts by getting power from God. I need roots — the roots of prayer. I need to constantly be in fellowship with the One who gives us true joy. Danny Maglutac (dannym@catholic.org)

10
REFLECTION:
How much time do you spend in prayer?

Lord, give me a holy hunger for Your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive