A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 30, 2011
BARRIERS OF HATE

“When you sell land to an Israelite or buy land, do not deal unfairly.” – Leviticus 25:14

It was eight meters high and 800 kilometers long. I saw a portion of the structure called Sharon’s Wall of Shame at the Holy Land. The wall was built by Israel’s leaders to keep the Palestinians out of the Jewish settlements. The cost to build the wall was staggering. But even more staggering is the magnitude of how a group of people can hate so much.
But I realized that I have my own “wall of shame” when I put barriers in my mind in accepting other people’s opinions, biases and even simple practices.
I have my own sets of habits that I keep, some of which are not good. When people like my wife, friends and mentors try to change these habits, sometimes an unpleasant clash ensues.
These clashes first happen in the mind and eventually come out of the mouth. Hatred is one of the fruits of such barrier. Let’s demolish these walls by taking on wisdom from reading and reflecting on Scripture. Let’s take on the love of Christ, for in God’s love, there are no barriers. Rolly España (rnespana@nwineskin.com)
30
REFLECTION:
Are you bull-headed in your opinions and do not accept others’ views?

Change me, oh Lord, that I may have Your kind of thinking and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive