A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 21, 2011
Distractions

“They look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand.” – Matthew 13:13

Do you find it annoying when you’re talking to someone and they appear to be listening but they actually aren’t? I do. It also annoys me when I bump into someone I know and, while she appears to be looking at me, it would seem that she’s not really seeing me. I must confess that I’m guilty of this at times and I realize that it’s mostly because I’m distracted and my thoughts wander elsewhere.
Distractions are all around us and they can keep us from experiencing God’s presence in our lives. But more than the usual diversions we get from TV, Internet, music and other activities, it’s the things we can’t escape that present a real danger.
We can always turn off the TV or the computer but we cannot just turn our back on things that keep us busy and preoccupied as we go about our mundane activities each day. Getting home tired from work may become an excuse for missing our evening prayers or getting caught up with family affairs may be a reason for missing Mass on Sundays.
The devil will do anything to throw us off from the more important things. Let us not give him the opportunity to do so. Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mjsg2468@yahoo.com)

REFLECTION:
How well do we pay attention to Jesus? What is distracting us from letting Him accomplish His work in our lives?

Lord Jesus, forgive me for the times I got overwhelmed with the things of this world. Grant me the strength to do what is most essential for my redemption.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive