A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

July 29, 2011
Memorial of St. Martha, disciple of the Lord

daily nourishment

“But only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” – Luke 10:42

My first Bible was a gift given by my nephew Ton Sison during my Life in the Spirit Seminar (LSS). He wrote a short note on it, “But the word of the Lord endures forever…” (1 Peter 1:25). That turned out to be prophetic. I never expected that Ton’s small gift would have a big impact on my life and would change me for good.
The Bible really meant nothing at first and was just part of the bag of LSS goodies given by friends and family. But the morning after my LSS, as I opened my Bible and looked through the book of John, I was captivated and enthralled by the Word of God. That was 17 years ago and I have never stopped reading the Bible since.
It is now ingrained in me as a regular habit to start my mornings with Scriptural readings to guide me throughout the day.
Can you imagine how life will be without food and water for our bodies? The same is true for our soul and spirit. I find it unthinkable to live a day without any nourishment from the Word of God. Mari Sison-Garcia (mari_sison_garcia@yahoo.com)
9
REFLECTION:
“Not by bread alone does man live, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God” (Deuteronomy 8:3).

Lord, I thank You for Your Word that serves as my guidepost each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive