A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

What is God asking you to remove from your life? - Daily Bible Reflections August 1,2013


WHEN GOD ASKS FOR SOMETHING

 
“What is bad they throw away.” – Matthew 13:48
 
When I was a 13-year-old preacher, I was inspired to give up TV. So, while all my classmates were talking about the latest episode of Charlie’s Angels, I felt very out of place. (I wish I could tell you that my version of Charlie’s Angels had the cast of Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Cameron Diaz, but…)
       Throughout my teenage life, I grew up without TV. Looking back, I see what a huge blessing it was. Imagine freeing three hours a day to do other fantastic things like read books, play instruments, compose songs and, most of all, serve in ministry.
       Think of this: if you live to be 75 and watched three hours of TV a day, minus normal sleeping time, you would have wasted 14 years of your life.
       When I was 21 years old, I gave up my girlfriend. Reason: I felt I needed time to discern if I was called to celibacy or marriage.  And for the next 10 years, I had no romantic relationship. (You can imagine how difficult that was, not only for me, but also for all the girls around me who found me irresistible.) Again, I believe those 10 years were my liberating years — I stretched my wings, expanded my world, and grew my horizons.
       Friend, what is God asking you to remove from your life? Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)
 
Reflection: What is God asking you to remove from your life?
 
Lord, help me to give up whatever is not pleasing in Your eyes.
 
St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive