A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

May all those who come behind us find us faithful - Daily Bible Reflections August 30,2013


AGNES P. DE GUZMAN aka KUNE

 
As you received from us how you should conduct yourselves to please God. – 1 Thessalonians 4:1
 
I was shocked to read a text message telling me that Kune had passed away. With loving memories, I remembered Agnes P. De Guzman, or Kune as I fondly called her. She was an untiring, compassionate, humble and vibrant member of the God’s Beloved Community, who would come once a month to minister to us at the Correctional Institution for Women.
       Whenever Kune led praise and worship, I would get goosebumps. Before I know it, I’d be in tears and would fall to the floor, slain by the Holy Spirit.
       “May you live your lives the way you have learned from us,” she said as her parting message in one of her talks. She also shared that her ultimate dream was to acquire a lot and build a nice shelter for her immediate family.
       Her message lingered in my mind as I viewed her remains in the dream house she had acquired before her demise due to cancer. Kune, you will always be an inspiration not only to me but also to those whose lives you’ve touched behind bars. Beth A. Corral (bethcorral_0330@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: May all those who come behind us find us faithful. May the fire of our devotion light their way. May the footprints that we leave, lead them to believe. And the life we live inspire them to obey. (from the song “Find Us Faithful” by Steve Green)
 
Lord Jesus, may we persevere in living good lives according to what we have learned from You.
 
St. Jeanne Jugan, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive