A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

How do you pray? What rituals do you love because they lead you into deeper faith? - Daily Bible Reflections August 2,2013


RITUALS AND FAITH

 
He did not work many mighty deeds there because of their lack of faith. – Matthew 13:58
 
All the seats were taken so I stood by the statue of the Crucified Christ as I heard Mass one Sunday morning.
       Dozens of people passed by the statue, looked up to Jesus’ face, touched His knees, made the sign of the cross and walked away. It was OK at first, but after an hour of standing there, I started to get distracted. I toyed with many questions in my mind. Why do they have to touch the statue? Do they know why they’re touching it? Some would even take out their handkerchiefs, and wipe relentlessly on all the statues along the way. Aren’t they afraid of germs? Talk about good hygiene!
       As I feasted on my thoughts on this Filipino phenomenon, it hit me. I was claiming to have more faith because I knew better, but I was quick to judge and I lost my focus on the Mass, our highest form of worship.
       Catholicism is teeming with rituals. But whether we do them or not, the question remains: “Do these rituals draw us to more faith in God, or are we reduced to doubt and distraction?” Just like the people in Jesus’ native place, He could not work many miracles there because of their doubt. Migs Ramirez (migoy3@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: How do you pray? What rituals do you love because they lead you into deeper faith? Are you too particular about rituals that you forget their real essence?
 
Thank You, Lord, for making Your presence known when I pray. May I grow deeper in faith so Your miracles can happen in my life.
 
St. Eusebius of Vercelli, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive