A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

What or who are your other gods? Are you willing to shun them for Jesus? - Daily Bible Reflections August 17,2013

SHUN OTHER GODS

 
“Far be it from us to forsake the Lord for the service of other gods.” – Joshua 24:16
 
In my mind and in my heart, it is my desire to declare my love for God through my words and my life. It’s far from my mind to ever turn my back on Him to serve other gods.
       But I didn’t realize that there are times when I unknowingly serve other gods. Like when I prefer to spend longer hours on Facebook instead of reading a spiritual book that I’ve never gotten around to finish. Or when I extend my nap time instead of calling a friend who had expressed a need to talk to someone. Or when I busy myself with “nonstop” cleaning rather than spending time with my family. Or when I make excuses instead of responding to a prompting to do a charitable act. Or when I spend on useless stuff rather than saving money. Or when I complain instead of being thankful and prayerful. My list can go on and on.
       It’s shameful to think that during those instances, I served other gods. My prayer is that I can shun these other gods from my life and remain faithful to my one true God — and yield my heart to serve, love and obey Him. Sol Saura (sol_saura@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What or who are your other gods? Are you willing to shun them for Jesus?
 
Lord, give me the strength to reject the other gods in my life.
 
St. Joan of the Cross, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive