A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about - Daily Bible Reflections August 13,2013


BUDGET TOY FOR DYLAN

 
“Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the Kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 18: 3
 
When our grandson Dylan was a toddler, I often bought toys for him. Until his parents told me to stop wasting money because he already had too many toys. But I really got a kick out of Dylan looking so happy when I bought him toys so I promised his parents I would buy only inexpensive ones.
       One day, while we were in a toy store together with his parents, I told Dylan he should pick a toy that costs only P100. Quickly, the boy picked a toy and asked me, “Does this cost P100?”
       When I said no, he obediently returned the toy to its shelf. The poor boy went round and round the store, trying in vain to find a toy within our budget.
       I felt so sorry for Dylan that when his parents were not looking, I bought him the toy he liked, which was way beyond our budget. Yup, bad me.
       Reflecting on today’s Gospel, I wish to be like little Dylan — so pure, so innocent, so obedient — what Jesus said we should be if we want to enter heaven. But while we’re still in this world, we get more than what we pray for. That’s how  uch Jesus loves His faithful and obedient children. Cynthia U. Santiago (cusantiago@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. (Angela Schwindt)
 
Lord, help me to be pure and innocent in a world filled with corruption and sin.
 
St. Pontian, pope, and Hippolytus, priest, martyrs, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive