A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Listen to and trust in God’s Word - Daily Bible Reflections August 8,2013


HIS BETTER PLAN

 
“You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do.” – Matthew 16:23
 
There are times in our lives when we question what happens to us. This is especially true when bad things happen to us. Sometimes, though, God allows these things to happen because He has a greater purpose.
       When my family and I were asked to leave our mission area in Timor Leste earlier than what my husband and I had discerned for and decided on, I was honestly very disappointed. It took quite some time for me to “let go and let God,” because I felt that our Timorese brothers and sisters still needed us. I even questioned the wisdom of the elders in our community.
       I praise God though that, by His grace, I learned to surrender to His will. Little did I know that God had a better, brighter plan for me and my family. He wanted us to return to Manila for His greater glory to be revealed — so we could serve in our community more fully and, in my case, proclaim His Word through my current job at Shepherd’s Voice! Tina Santiago-Rodriguez (teachermamatina@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Listen to and trust in God’s Word: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, My thoughts higher than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9).
 
Lord, I know that You have the best plan for my life. Help me to see beyond the bad things in my life and focus on all the good. I trust in Your thoughts and ways. Amen.
 
St. Dominic, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive