A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

A burden shared is a burden halved. – Anonymous - Daily Bible Reflections November 2, 2015

Solemnity of All Souls Day
 
UNNECESSARY
BURDEN
 
“Take my yoke upon you... For my yoke is easy and my burden light.” – Matthew 11:29-30
 
       One summer, our family had a vacation in a five-star hotel. My siblings and I were waiting in the lounge as my parents were settling the arrangement of our rooms at the reception desk. As soon as Dad handed the keys to us, all my siblings rushed upstairs to our rooms. I found myself left there with all of their baggage.
       Being the eldest son, I took the burden of carrying their baggage all the way to the third floor. It was a struggle. I ended up bathed in sweat. As my siblings opened the door, I grumbled: “Why did you leave me to carry all your baggage?”
       They laughed so hard and then they all pointed to the area behind me. I turned around and, lo and behold, the bellboy was there! He said, “Sorry, sir, I got a trolley for the baggage, but you went up so quickly!”
       Are you struggling and sweating because of a burden? Maybe you’re not supposed to be carrying it in the first place. Why not hand it over to God or share the burden with Him?
     Remember, whenever you’re faced with a burdensome trial or situation, you don’t have to carry it alone. Velden Lim (veldenlim@
gmail.com)
 
Reflection: A burden shared is a burden halved. – Anonymous
 
Lord, when I am weary and burdened, may I rely not on my own strength, but on Your strength that is within me.
 
All Souls, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive