A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

When He died on the cross, Jesus gave us a second life, a second chance. How are we living this new life? - Daily Bible Reflections March 8,2014

SECOND LIFE
 
Save your servant who trusts in you. – Psalm 86:2
 
Bionic woman. That was what the nurses in Cardinal Santos Hospital called me. I was involved in a car accident during the summer of 1998. I was crossing a street in San Juan, when a car came by and in a split second I felt like I had somersaulted and fell to the ground. My first thought was, “Did I just get hit? Nakakahiya, ang daming tao” (How embarrassing, there are so many people). I didn’t even realize it was that serious until I heard people say, “Yung bata nasagasaan!” (The child was hit!) People came up to me, asking if I was OK, and insisted I should be brought to the hospital.
       When I got into the car, I saw the shattered windshield. Whoa! This is serious! I broke the car’s windshield! Am I gonna die? Trembling, I checked my body parts for blood or broken bones. After 24 hours, I was discharged from the hospital with only a big bruise on my hip and leg and a laceration on my arm. Praise be to God! I knew several angels had protected me from what could have been a tragic ending.
       Jesus saved me from a fatal accident and gave me a second life. And I believe God will not only save our bodies but our spirits as well. Let’s allow Jesus to save us by accepting Him as our personal Lord and Savior. Lala Dela Cruz (bella.delacruz@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: When He died on the cross, Jesus gave us a second life, a second chance. How are we living this new life?
 
Jesus, I accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. Save me. I entrust my life to You. Amen.
 
St. John of God, religious, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive