A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ask yourself before making any important decisions: Will it affect anyone important in your life? - Daily Bible Reflections March 6,2014


DREAM JOB?
 
“What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?” – Luke 9:25
 
As a fresh graduate, I was offered a dream job at a prestigious firm with a salary beyond my expectations. The money and the glamour of the career was a temptation my mentoring professor urged me to accept. He had also taken a similar job early in his life and his recognition in the industry was unquestionable.
       Ironically, it was his reference to himself that made me pause. I thought about how he had dedicated his heart and passion to his craft and how he had risen up the ranks through hard work, plenty of overtime, and his will to be the best. As a consequence, he was unmarried. Unable to sustain long-term relationships due to his lifestyle, he was alone with no one to share his amassed fortune.
       Declining the job came easy after realizing that love and family were not something God would’ve wanted me to sacrifice in exchange for riches. I am not the best in what I do now and I will have to settle for being good at it. But I will definitely not settle until I am the best wife and the best mother to my family, the two responsibilities God gave me to prioritize above all else. Eleanore Teo (elyo.lee@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Ask yourself before making any important decisions: Will it affect anyone important in your life?
 
God, grant me the wisdom to discern and devote my time to what will make me truly rich.
 
Servant of God Sylvester of Assisi, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive