A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Don’t just read, but take time to contemplate God’s Word. Only then will you truly recognize His voice - Daily Bible Reflections March 25,2014


Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord
 
RECOGNIZE GOD’S
VOICE
 
“May it be done to me according to your word.” – Luke 1:38
 
Mary was young, innocent and uneducated when she was told she would become the mother of God, but she was able to comprehend God’s message without the slightest doubt. She hesitated not because she doubted but because she was confused. Yet she obeyed and said yes with so much faith.
       It’s always a struggle whenever I am faced with a decision to make, particularly if it will have a huge effect in my life. It’s not because I do not know what I want but because I tend to overanalyze. I also get easily distracted listening to the many voices around me suggesting what I should do. I often ignore the most important voice I should really listen to, that of the Lord. Sometimes I even go to the extent of asking God for signs to help me decide. But is decision making supposed to be this hard? Do we really need to ask for signs?
       Mary’s decision making process was simple and uncomplicated because she knew right away it was a message from God. She recognized and acknowledged Him. The Lord always speaks to us and, like Mary, we can easily recognize Him if we live a life of constant prayer and reflection. Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Don’t just read, but take time to contemplate God’s Word. Only then will you truly recognize His voice.
 
Oh God, help me to ignore the noises and distractions so I can fully grasp Your instructions.
 
St. Dismas, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive