A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - February 7,2013

TEAMWORK
 
Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two. – Mark 6:7
 
Many years ago, I enrolled in a weight-gain program of a popular fitness center. Initially, I was motivated to go to the gym because I wanted to add some pounds to achieve my ideal body weight. But after four sessions, I stopped. After several years, I bought an exercise equipment. After trying it out a few times, I abandoned the idea of exercising and left the equipment in a corner, collecting dust.
I didn’t stick to my exercise program because I did it alone. Based on statistics, people who exercise with a buddy are more motivated and successful at exercising consistently.
The same is also true in doing God’s work. In today’s Gospel, Jesus sent His disciples out on a mission, not individually, but by twos. He knew the importance of people working as a team. This way, they can provide support and encouragement to one another, especially when they experience laziness, frustration or rejection.
We get more things done effectively when we work with a team. As you serve Christ, don’t try to do it alone. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Are you suffering from burnout? Learn to delegate.
 
Lord, help me to realize that I can’t possibly do everything with my own power. Grant me the grace to share the work with others.
 
St. Colette, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive