A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - February 1,2013


SHOWING JESUS
 
And the seed would sprout and grow, he knows not how. – Mark 4:27
 
When I was in college, I had a friend with whom I had lunch almost every day for two years. Let’s call him Bill. During those lunches, I’d share my faith with him. But no matter how much I tried, I couldn’t seem to convince Bill to follow Jesus. He said he had a lot of doubts. He had many other problems and he wasn’t ready to commit. But even if we didn’t agree about spiritual things, we enjoyed our friendship.
We talked about sports, girls, cars, girls, music, and…did I mention girls? (After all, we were college guys!)
When I dropped out of college, we lost touch.
And I never heard of Bill again.
Eleven years later, I was walking in a mall and guesswho I saw — Bill! I asked him how he was, and he gave me the shock of my life. He said he was a Christian missionary!
I couldn’t believe my ears.
He then said five words that made my heart leap for joy: “Thanks for showing me Jesus.”
For those two years that I had lunch with the guy, it seemed like nothing was happening.
But what showed him Jesus?
Our friendship. Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)
 
Reflection: Have you shown Jesus to anyone? Why not start now?
 
May my every word and deed reflect You to others, Lord Jesus.
 
St. Ansgar, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive