A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - February 11,2013



Memorial of Our Lady of Lourdes
WORKING FROM HOME NO MORE
 
Evening came, and morning followed. – Genesis 1:19
 
As I write this reflection, I am in the middle of discernment — whether to continue working from home or go back to the regular five-day work schedule at the office.
For the first two months of 2012, I tried the first scheme, working from home and reporting to the office only twice a week. The transition was hard. Home was normally a retreat place for me, so I found it hard to work, especially at the start of the day. Other things would catch my attention and I’d only be able to start working late in the morning. Thus, I’d end up working late into the night, sometimes up to midnight, because once I gained momentum, it’d be hard to stop. But on the days that I felt I didn’t work enough, I’d feel guilty.
So which is which for me? The story of creation in today’s first reading gives me the answer. God first formed the world, put a structure to it, before He filled it up. He did His work in an orderly fashion. He worked during the day, but when evening came He stopped. And on the seventh day, He rested.
I believe that’s what I need — a sense of order so I could “create” more. I am a “structure” person but also an “artist” by nature, an engineer yet also a writer. Now I realize, God must have purposely designed that mix in me, my left brain as active as my right brain, so I could carry out His mission for me. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What helps you to be more productive?
 
Lord God, You fashioned each of us differently. May I learn to dance to my own tune.
 
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive