A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - February 26,2013


HENNA TATTOO
 
“Though your sins be like scarlet, they may become white as snow, though they be crimson red, they may become white as wool.” – Isaiah 1:18
 
Have you ever gotten a tattoo? I hear it’s quite painful and almost impossible to remove. I never imagined I’d get one until I went to Phuket during my honeymoon. But mind you, it wasn’t a permanent one. It was just a henna tattoo — the temporary kind that lasts for about two weeks. (Mine lasted for only two minutes because they didn’t finish it and it was washed away by the rain.)
This got me thinking about how I used to brand myself as a jerk because I always broke up with my girlfriends. I couldn’t seem to make a relationship work. I pounded myself for my mistakes and called myself a failure. I believed I was permanently doomed to hurt people and never have a successful relationship. Mercifully, God showed me that my failures don’t define me. I was able to conquer my fear of commitment and I am now very, very happily married.
Our sins are not permanent. Our failures are not permanent. They may have stained us but they’re only henna tattoos, washed away by His blood. What is permanent is God’s mark of ownership on us. We are His children, made in His image and likeness. Nothing can wash that away. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Have you sinned? Failed? Made mistakes? Confess. Get back up. Move on. His love is greater.
 
Lord, thank You for Your mercy and forgiveness. Thank You for Your love that never ends.
 
St. Porphyry of Gaza, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive