A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet - Daily Bible Reflections September 24,2014


UNCOMPLICATED
 
And he sent them… – Luke 9:2
 
       “Father, do you think I should become a priest?” I asked my friend, a priest.
       “Do you want to become a priest?” he asked in reply.
       “No,” I said, “I just thought that I should become one.” I was 21 and doing full-time ministry work as a preacher and pastor of sorts. Priesthood seemed a logical option. “Actually,” I continued, “I want to get married.”
       “Then get married,” he told me. “If God calls you to a vocation, He will put the desire in you.”
       That conversation set me at ease. I never truly understood what religious people meant when they talked about calling, vocation, or having a vision for your life. It felt so pie-in-the-sky, as though God didn’t want most people to know His will.
       But when I heard my priest friend say the word “desire,” I felt a weight come off my shoulders. Desire was simple. I knew exactly what I desired: to be a husband, a father, a creator, a fun-loving, people person. Now, many years later, I am married with two kids. I help run a startup business, and spend a lot of time moving about a growing circle of friends. I serve God by trying to live an exemplary life in these places — and let my life speak for itself. It wasn’t so complicated after all. Kiddo Cosio (twitter.com/kiddocosio)
 
Reflection: Christian theologian and author Frederick Buechner once said, “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.” Think about that.
 
Dear God, please help me live out Your call for my life.
 
St. Pacifico of San Severino, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive