A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Make an act of sacrifice today and offer it to God - Daily Bible Reflections September 20,2014

GO LOWER
 
What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. – 1 Corinthians 15:36
 
       “Yesssss!” Matthew exclaimed. “Why? What happened?” I asked. He had a gleeful look on his face and said, “I beat Tiger Woods.”
       I smiled and said, “Good for you.”
       Then he went back to the computer to continue playing his golf game.
       My husband, Matthew, loves golf. Although he cannot play on a real golf course, he is an avid fan of the game. He would watch every golf tournament on TV, read about it on the web and even play a virtual game on the computer.
       One time I asked him, “What is it about golf that you love so much?”
      “I feel peaceful when I watch golfers playing on TV — the green grass, tall trees, beautiful flowers, the slow paced game, all in all it gives me a feeling of serenity. Yet there is also the excitement of watching who would win and score the lowest point,” he told me.
       Weird, isn’t it? With golf, the lower the score, the closer you are to winning the game.
       I believe it’s the same with life. It’s only when I choose to die to my selfishness and pride will I ever stand a chance of winning in the game of life. Marisa Aguas (jojangaguas@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Make an act of sacrifice today and offer it to God.
 
Dear Lord, teach me to be generous, that others may see You in me.
 
Sts. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang and Companions, martyrs, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive