A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Listen to God, and don’t dilly-dally when He calls - Daily Bible Reflections September 4,2014


OBEDIENT ME
 
“But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” – Luke 5:5
 
       A high ranking government official was our guest at the Bulong Pulungan, the media forum where I am one of the core members. The moderator allowed each member only one question to ask our guest.
       I got to ask one question. But when I got back to my seat, I realized I forgot to ask our guest his forecast for the coming year — which I badly needed to complete an article. I slapped my head for my mistake.
       Then, the moderator called all the core members for a photo-op with our guest. I promptly went up the stage and before I knew it, I was standing right next to our guest. So I got to ask him my question. Had I not obeyed our moderator right away, I would have missed my chance to get a scoop.
       Reading today’s Gospel, I wondered, what if the disciples did not obey Jesus right away when He asked them to let down their nets? Yup, they would have missed His first call for disciples.
       Many times, blessings await us if only we would heed and be quick to obey the Lord’s promptings. No wonder God is so insistent when it comes to our obedience. He doesn’t want us to miss out on the scoops of blessings He has in store for us. Chay Santiago (cusantiago@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Listen to God, and don’t dilly-dally when He calls.
 
Lord, grant me the grace to hear You and answer You right away.
 
St. Rose of Viterbo, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive