A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

God’s dreams for you are beyond your imagination - Daily Bible Reflections August 31,2014


GOD’S EXPECTATIONS
 
Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God — this is your spiritual act of worship... – Romans 12:1
 
           I found the opening part of the book Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns very compelling. It asked, “What does God expect of us?”
           That got me thinking.
       A good number of Catholics have experienced the Lord in very personal ways through the renewal movement within the Church. It could be the Charismatic Renewal, Parish Renewal Experience (PREX), Marriage Encounter, Youth Encounter, Christian Life Program, etc. These movements have led individuals to a commitment to the Lord.
         I was one of those who were blessed to have experienced Jesus and the power of God in a personal way through one of these movements. My life has never been the same again!
          But what does God expect of me? Is it to have a good time of prayer daily? Or read the Bible every day and finish it from cover to cover every year? Is it to avoid major sin and enjoy His blessings? Or be part of a community? All of these are
important. But is this all?
            Stearn’s book answers what St. Paul must have meant in his letter to the Romans: “Everything. He wants all of me.”
            Wow. Ariel Driz (adriz77@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: God’s dreams for you are beyond your imagination.
 
Lord Jesus, I give You all of me. I may not fully understand it but I know that Your grace is suffficient for me. Amen.
 
Sts. Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive