A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Have you told anyone of the blessings you’ve received recently? Don’t hold back. Be proud of the big God you have - Daily Bible Reflections September 2,2014


THIRD TERM
 
They speak of the glory of your reign and tell of your mighty works, making known to the sons of men your mighty acts, the majestic glory of your rule.
– Psalm 145:11-12
 
I dreaded the third term. In the Charismatic community I belonged to in college, the third term of every school year was evangelization time. That meant a pair of brothers or sisters from the community knocks on classroom doors and asks professors for 10 minutes of their class time. Once granted the time, the pair stands in front of about 40 students and shares their personal testimonies, how they came to know God personally. The pair then invites the class to attend our community prayer meetings.
         Sounds exciting, right? Well, I’d say no.
       I dreaded being labeled “holy,” getting the I-don’t-care-what-you’re-saying looks and the adamant “no” after every invitation. Did I say I dreaded the third term?
       But everything is different now. I’ve come to realize that if you have more of God in you and less of yourself, then there’s no room for hesitation or fear of rejection.
       Now, I write how God has changed my life. I blog about how He has fulfilled His promises. I share how imperfect I am yet God remains good to me. Every day is “third term” for me. Osy Erica (osy.erica@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Have you told anyone of the blessings you’ve received recently? Don’t hold back. Be proud of the big God you have.
 
Father, create in me a heart of a servant that yearns to make You known.
 
Blessed John Francis Burté and Companions, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive