A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

“What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?” - Daily Bible Reflections January 17,2014


THE REJECTS
 
“Grant the people’s every request. It is not you they reject, they are rejecting me as their king.” – 1 Samuel 8:7
 
Have you experienced rejection after obeying the voice of God in your heart? I have, not just once, but a number of times. I also know of other men and women in the Bible who said yes to God and because of this, they were rejected.
       God comforts Samuel in the verse above as the people of Israel rejected him even after warning them of the bad and painful things that could happen to them and their families.
       This story reminds me of a time when I stood before an assembly who chose to reject me as their leader after I decided to follow God’s voice in my heart. I praised God for the courage and strength He gave me to accept the rejection of the very people I had served and helped. I thanked God for speaking words of affirmation to me then and for inspiring me to recall and follow Jesus’ example when He, too, was rejected by a crowd. “It is not you they reject as their leader but Me.” Those were God’s words to me.
       Are you also a reject? Don’t be discouraged. We’re in good company. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?” (Matthew 16:26)
 
Lord Jesus, may Your example of courage and strength to stand by the Father’s will and command, even in the face of rejection, inspire me to do the same when I am put in a similar situation.
 
St. Anthony, abbot, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive