A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

In confusion, do you desire to get the perfect answers or do you decide to trust in God? - Daily Bible Reflections January 19, 2014

UNANSWERED
QUESTIONS
 
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ... may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation resulting in knowledge of him. – Ephesians 1:17
 
As a writer for an advice column for All Stars, a magazine for tweens, I am tasked to answer questions troubling girls nowadays. I take pleasure in this mission of being a big sister to young girls. Answering their questions about life, the universe, and everything in between excites me.
       But one particular question from a sender stood out from the rest. She asked: Why cannot God just save all of us from hell?
       Her question took me by surprise. It was straightforward, but I realized that I, too, wanted to know the answer to her query.
       This made me think about the many unanswered questions we have about God. In the Bible, Jesus spoke in parables, leaving many confused. I believe that God had a reason for this. And like Mary and Joseph in the Gospel today, we too can only treasure God’s puzzling answers in our hearts.
       I truly believe that God can perfectly answer all the questions we throw at Him. He just chooses not to answer them sometimes, not because He cannot give an explanation to the things we question, but maybe, just maybe... we are the ones who cannot fathom His wisdom yet. Erika Mendoza (epaulmendoza@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: In confusion, do you desire to get the perfect answers or do you decide to trust in God?
 
Lord, teach my heart to trust in You fully.
 
St. Fabian, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive