A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me - Daily Bible Reflections January 27,2014


SURFING
 
And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord God Almighty was with him. – 2 Samuel 5:10
 
I was very nervous when I first tried to surf. My instructor’s golden rule was, “Do as I tell you.” He also advised me not to panic. But when I saw a huge wave approaching, I got terrified. I couldn’t hear anything my instructor said. I just felt the wave slap my face hard. I fell off the board and relaxed only when I saw my instructor beside me. Then I swam back to my starting point, braver this time. When  another gigantic wave appeared, I focused on my instructor’s voice. I heard him clearly: “Bow down. Hold tight.” I did so, and when the wave passed by, it felt wonderful.
       His next commands were a series of “Ready… Up!”,  which was my cue to balance. I fell a few more times before I managed to stand.
        Did I mention that my instructor’s name is Lord? I’m not kidding.
       In life, I believe that as long as Jesus, my Lord, remains to be my guide, I can conquer even the strongest waves. I just have to bow down and trust Him. I can almost hear God cheering me on: “Surf well. Don’t worry. I am here.” Maymay Salvosa (cmaysalvosa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
 
Loving Father, may I always remember that in everything, I need You.  Teach me how to surf through the waves, holding on to Your Word.  Amen.
 
St. Angela Merici, virgin, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive