A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Do you do whatever God tells you to do? - Daily Bible Reflections January 15,2014


THE MAGICAL COUCH
 
A third time the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” – 1 Samuel 3:8
 
After a long busy day at work, I retreated to the den to relax and watch TV. I was so exhausted that the whole scenario of me sitting down on the couch felt like this: (Cue dramatic music.)
       I folded my knees to form a sitting position. As I allowed the force of the earth to push me back, the magical couch embraced my whole being. Then, the angels started singing “Alleluia” in chorus while fireworks went off in the background, coloring the sky with different hues. I closed my eyes to soak in all the comfort of the moment, wanting to stay there unmoving forever, until... “Pia, pabukas naman ng electric fan o,” (please turn on the fan) my dad says. (Cut dramatic music.)
       When Samuel repeatedly heard what he thought was the call of Eli, he never hesitated to get up even if it wasn’t convenient.  Same with Jesus in today’s Gospel. He could have stayed in solitude with His father, but when the disciples called Him, He immediately got up and set forth to the next town to preach.
       God reminds us today that He does not call us when we are ready. Sharing in God’s mission means we are on call 24/7, convenient or not, tired or rested, worthy or unworthy. This is what it means to follow Jesus. The question is, do we respond or do we pretend that we are asleep? Pia Angelica Suiza (piasuiza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you do whatever God tells you to do?
 

Father God, give me the humility to hear Your voice every day. Fill my heart with obedience that I may follow You wherever You lead me. Amen.
 
St. Paul the Hermit, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive