A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fear can cloud our judgment and obstruct our path to authenticity - Daily Bible Reflections January 30,2014


SECRET
 
“For there is nothing hidden, except to be made manifest; nor is anything secret, except to come to light.” – Mark 4:22
 
When I was younger, I had a secret — I was very shy. I didn’t know how to smile casually or make small talk. It was easier to be quiet in one corner than make an awkward effort to socialize. So many people thought I was snobbish. My lack of social skills embarrassed me but even if they thought I was aloof, I thought, so what?
       But we can’t live in the world without relating to others. The light of truth shone on me. I realized that I had to move my focus away from myself and start becoming interested in other people. More importantly, there is a bigger light that illumines all of us. That is the light of God’s Word.
       Sometimes, we fake our way through life with lies and facades. But we cannot pretend all the time. Sooner or later, our truths are revealed.
       Have you seen alas cuatro(mirabilis) flowers? The buds bloom in the late afternoon, showing their real, beautiful selves.  No matter what or who our true selves are, God’s love is always with us. Gina J. Verdolaga (mgjver@yahoo.com)
 
 
Reflection: Fear can cloud our judgment and obstruct our path to authenticity.
 
Lord, grant me the strength and courage to overcome my fears and insecurities.
 
St. Hyacintha of Mariscotti, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive