A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Do you find it hard to do the right thing because it means making a sacrifice? Close your eyes and pray the prayer of generosity - Daily Bible Reflections January 20,2014


LOVE AND OBEDIENCE
 
“Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice...” – 1 Samuel 15:22
 
When I was young, I was not the most obedient person in the world. I must have been a disappointment to the Lord, my parents, and other people.
       Now that I am in my 50s, I regret some of the things I had done. And I realize that a lot of my mistakes could have been avoided if I loved others more than myself.
       It was St. Ignatius who said, “It is not hard to obey when we love the one whom we obey.”
       I’m still not perfect, but now I try my best.
       To do the right thing especially in following what I believe God wants me to do... because I love God.
    To keep our home happy and healthy even if it means making sacrifices... because I love my husband.
       To fall in line at train and bus terminals even if I feel like I’m wasting my time but I know it’s the right thing to do... because I love my country.
   In the end, true obedience stems from love. Marisa Aguas (jojangaguas@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you find it hard to do the right thing because it means making a sacrifice? Close your eyes and pray the prayer of generosity.
 
Dear Lord, teach me to be generous. To give and not to count the cost, save that of knowing that I do Your will.
 
St. Sebastian, martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive