A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love - Daily Bible Reflections January 26,2014

AGING WITH GRACE
 
You have brought them abundant joy and great rejoicing… – Isaiah 9:2
 
Today I celebrate my 45th birthday. I know. I don’t look my age. (Wink.) They say it’s rude to ask someone how old she is. But I don’t mind. I  know some people who will — under no condition, over their dead body and till hell freezes over — never divulge their real age.
       I figure many people hide their age because of the stigma that comes with growing old. When you listen to the message that media conveys, it’s saying that the world abhors everything related to aging. We have creams to remove wrinkles, dyes to color our greying hair, and numerous treatments and operations to lift, tuck or suck skin that is sagging or flailing.
       Even the way we treat the aged, especially in western countries, makes them seem like they’re a burden because of the difficulty of caring for them.
       How different the Bible looks at this issue of aging. Proverbs 16:31 says, “Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.” Friend, do not be afraid of getting old. The Lord promises in Isaiah 46:4, “Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you.” Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
 
 
Reflection: “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” (Sophia Loren)
 
Lord, I will trust in You till the end of my days. Amen.
 
Sts. Timothy and Titus, bishops, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive