A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Understanding is deeper than knowledge. Many people know us but very few understand us - Daily Bible Reflections January 23,2014


LIFE-GIVING WORDS
 
Jonathan spoke well of david to saul his Father and said to him, “he has not wronged You and what he has done has benefitted you Greatly.” – 1 samuel 19:4
 
I’ve been judgmental about other people. I’d size up their actions, words and flaws, and pass judgment based on what I know. That’s my problem: I claim to “know” but fail to understand what I “know” about others. My biases muddle the truth and I end up focusing only on the negative rather than the positive traits of people. Instead of praise, I dish out criticism. Instead of encouragement, I pass a “death sentence.” Just like murder, negative talk is premeditated and lethal. You can actually “assassinate” a person’s character with only a few words.
       I want to learn from Jonathan, who valiantly defended David and upheld his innocence against Saul’s wrath. More than obedience to the king, Jonathan sought justice for David by attesting to his goodness and upright character. His words literally saved David from imminent death.
       I could no longer take back the negative words I’ve spoken, but by God’s grace I hope to correct the wrong I’ve done. Like what Jonathan did for David, may I only speak of what is encouraging and life-giving. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “Understanding is deeper than knowledge. Many people know us but very few understand us. It’s because understanding is more of the heart than the mind. The mind grows by taking in but the heart grows by giving out.” (Anonymous)
 
Holy Spirit, tame my tongue and let me say only what is good about my neighbor. Amen.
 
Blessed Mother Marianne Cope, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive