A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 8, 2012


At Your Service, Lord!
 
If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ. – Galatians 1:10
 
I glanced at the clock on my computer monitor. It was 5:40 PM. I shut down my computer, packed my things and hurriedly went down. I felt relieved as I settled in my seat inside our shuttle service. I thanked God for helping me accomplish all that I needed to do that day.
I used to work in a multinational company in Parañaque. A coaster leaves at exactly 5:45 PM every day to bring northbound employees to the Ayala MRT station. While most of our co-employees worked long hours, I was one of those who worked hard every day to finish my tasks within eight hours.
It was challenging to go against the norm. Not all my officemates understood and agreed with my reasons. But I persevered each day for more than five years because I had a burning “yes.” That “yes” was my response to Jesus’ invitation to commune with Him every day in the Holy Mass and to serve Him through a community of single, working professionals. If I had chosen to please my bosses and my officemates then, I won’t be able to offer the prime of my youth to God. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
8
REFLECTION:
Who are you trying to please?
 
Lord Jesus, help me remember that Your approval is more important than men’s approval.
 
St. John Leonardi, priest, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive