A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 25,2012


a witness at home
 
“Do you think that I have come to establish peace on the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.” – Luke 12:51
 
Jim’s family was suspicious. As he joined our community, he became more demonstrative at home. He’d talk over dinner, help with chores, and most of all he started saying “I love you” to his family members. One time, his parents asked him if he was doing drugs. But one by one, Jim brought his family to Jesus.
Peter was also part of our group but his story was different. Try as he might, his business-minded parents  dismissed his witnessing and told him sternly, “You won’t make any money by being an honest Christian.” He hasn’t given up.
Witnessing to family is often painful; you struggle through all that tradition, familiarity and bias. Sometimes it takes years. But we know Jesus today because someone in our family introduced Him to us. First and foremost, greater than any mission place, we need to start at home. For what will it profit us if we are able to convert the entire world but forget to share Jesus with our own families? Every time I’m unable to serve in community because of family, my leader would often say, “You serve the Lord when you serve your family.” Rod Velez (rod.velez@gmail.com)
25
REFLECTION:
How do I witness for Jesus in my family? Here are some suggestions. Take out the garbage. Do your chores. Eat your vegetables. Jesus is there too and that is where we need to begin.
 
I lift up to You my family. You love them more than I ever can. Make me a channel, Lord, to bring them always to You.
 
St. Antonio de Sant’Anna Galvao, pray for us.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive