A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 7,2012


DIFFICULT TO LOVE
 
“It is not good for man to be alone.” – Genesis 2:18
 
In a scene in the movie Black Irish, a mother comforts her son who has spiraled into a life of drugs and crime. The son refuses his mother’s comfort and instead demands that she admit that she did not love him. To prove his allegation, he starts asking the mother questions about himself. What’s his favorite color? His favourite football team? The mother just stands in silence.
Another scene shows the son asleep, with the mother whispering to him his favorite color and the name of his favorite football team. She then admits to her sleeping son that she loves him but does not know how to express it.
I often hear couples say, “If he loves me, he should accept me as I am,” or “I’m too tired to be affectionate,” and a host of other complaints. We expect people to love us, but we do not make the effort to be loved. Just like the son in Black Irish, we sometimes do not make it easy for others to love us.
True, God did not intend for man to be alone, but it is up to us to not isolate ourselves from the people we love and people who love us. Let us make the effort to love and be more lovable. Pepper Bruce (pepper.bruce@gmail.com)
7
REFLECTION:
Do I make myself difficult to love? Am I making an effort to love others?
 
Lord, allow me to love others as You loved us and live my life according to Your words so that I may allow others to love me.
 
Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive