A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 30,2012


LOVE AND RESPECT
 
Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave His life for it. – Ephesians 5:25
 
After more than 15 years of marriage, I have found out that men and women are different. My wife, Ambec, and I never had a major argument when we were dating — until we got engaged. My priorities were simple: reserve the church, the venue for the reception, produce the money and stay within my budget. Simple! But she wanted a “memorable” and beautiful wedding.
On special occassions, she would make a career out of wrapping our gifts while I prefer to delegate the wrapping to the store personnel.
I n Dr. Eme r s o n Eg g e r i c h s ’ book, Love and Respect, he wrote that women want love from their husbands while men want respect. This is echoed in today’s reading. Couples often go into a “crazy cycle” when men don’t give love to their wives because they feel they’re not respected, and women don’t give respect because they feel love-deprived.Who should stop this downward spiral? The author gave a solomonic answer: “The one who is more mature!”
So when Ambec says, “Honey, you’re the best!” my response would be, “Yes, sweetheart, I love you, too!”Ariel Driz (adriz77@yahoo.
30
REFLECTION:
Have I affirmed my spouse lately by saying the very thing that would encourage him/her?
 
Lord Jesus, grant me maturity to understand the needs of my spouse and to respond according to Your Word. Amen.
 
St. Alphonsus Rodriguez, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive