A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 6,2012


God-right-here
 
I had heard of you by word of mouth, but now my eye has seen you. – Job 42:5
 
For almost half my life, I’ve wanted to visit Sagada. Maybe it was the cold weather that fascinated me. Or the fact that I always stop short in Baguio and don’t go any further. Or perhaps because of the beautiful pictures I see. I’m not really sure. But Sagada has always been in my heart.
Finally in 2010, I was able to visit the place with my friends. It matched all my expectations. We had an adventure-filled journey going to and fro. The jeep we rode in had to stop so oncoming vehicles could pass through the narrow and cliff-hanging roads. We took pictures at the world-famous Banaue Rice Terraces. And I survived the caves of Sagada (which requires a whole separate story).
Before I “met” the Lord in a personal way, God seemed like a distant being benignly looking over me but who might suddenly decide to reprimand me for a wrongdoing I commit. After walking with the Lord for more than 20 years, He is no longer a God-out-there, but the God-right-here.
Our view of God is enriched as we get to know Him personally. Let’s start today. Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
6
REFLECTION:
Am I doing my part to know the Way, the Truth and the Life?
 
Let me know You, Jesus. Reveal Yourself to me.
 
St. Bruno, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive