A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 2,2012


Memorial of the Guardian Angels
 
Kukurtz
 
“The greatest in the Kingdom of heaven is the one who humbles himself and becomes like this child.” – Matthew 18:4
 
Children are blissfully untouched by pride and prejudice. What child cares about the color of a playmate’s skin or status in life? What child cares if his shirt doesn’t come from an upscale shop as long as it has his favorite cartoon character on it?
I remember being this innocent. We were not wealthy but my parents believed in giving me a good education. I went to a convent school with children of the rich and famous. But money was tight. Once, my school shoes were patched with electric tape. I didn’t care. School would be over soon anyway.
At my prom, I wore a lacy pink gown my mother made that my cousin laughingly branded “kukurtz.” Short for kukurtinahin (curtain material). I didn’t care. I thought it was pretty enough to be alongside my classmate’s Pitoy Moreno gown. Now, you won’t catch me dead wearing those things.
Status symbols that adults find important won’t qualify us to enter heaven. Wealth. Fame. Social stature.
Let’s bring back the innocence of a child so that we can focus on the more important things. Love. Kindness. Simple joys. Lella Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
2
REFLECTION:
Do we choose the people we respect and show kindness to by their looks and social status?
 
Teach us, Lord, to look at the world with the eyes of a child.
 
The Guardian Angels, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive