A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections April 23, 2012


THE FRUIT OF PRAYER

And his face appeared to them like the face of an angel. – Acts 6:15
The chapel at the Papal Nuncio in Manila is always immaculately maintained by nuns. But when Pope John Paul II stayed
there during his visit, the nuns were in a quandary. They couldn’t clean while the Pope was out because all of them invariably went with him, and once they returned, the Pope was always praying before the Blessed Sacrament.
They decided to solve the problem by waking up early despite their lack of sleep. The next day, at 4:00 in the morning, they opened the doors of the chapel... and found the Pope lying prostate before the altar, praying.
I remember the glimpse I had of the Pope while he was in the pope mobile. He must have been tired from a whole day of activities but his face radiated peace. More than that, I felt his peace settle in me, as if I had been touched by the hand of God.
We cannot give what we don’t have. To share the love of God, we have to bask in His love for us first.
Learn how to pray and receive His abundant love. Cecil Lim (cez_lim@yahoo.com)
23
REFLECTION:
“The connecting branch to the vine is prayer. If that connection is there, then love is there, then joy is there, and we will be the sunshine of God’s love.” (Bl. Mother Teresa)
“Come, Holy Spirit, guide me, protect me, clear out my mind so that I can pray.” (Bl. Mother Teresa).
St. George, martyr, patron of England, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive