A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections April 22, 2012


A Sudden Engagement
 
“Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts?” – Luke 24:38
 
Have you ever experienced having mixed emotions because of an answered prayer? Do you remember why you were at a loss on what to feel at that moment?
“Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!” Like Jesus’ disciples, I was incredulous with joy and amazement as Fr. Jun Lingad read the Gospel. Did I hear him right? Seeing my boyfriend beaming from ear to ear, I concluded that I heard the Gospel loud and clear.
I was stunned. Just before the Mass, my boyfriend had asked me if he was already the bridegroom I was waiting for. He was referring to the title of a book I wrote before we met, When My Bridegroom Comes. I felt that it was too early to answer his question. So I told him that I would ask God first and pray for an answer, starting at the Mass we were about to attend. I didn’t expect that God would answer immediately.
Thank God for His grace that enabled me to overcome my doubts and embrace God’s perfect plan. The following day, my boyfriend and I got engaged. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Do I sometimes find it hard to recognize God’s answers to my heart’s desires?                                               
 
Lord Jesus, remove my doubts and help me see Your hand at work in my life.
 
St. Adalbert of Prague, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive