A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - April 16, 2012


BORN AGAIN
 
“You must be born from above.” – John 3: 7
“Alvin, are you saved?” A friend who said he was Born Again asked me this question decades ago. Indeed, he was a changed man and recited Bible verses every now and then.
I was then a newbie in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal and I was a religion teacher, too. I truly felt, believed and experienced that I was saved — by the grace of God, as a renewed Catholic Christian. He wasn’t convinced that I was saved and pursued me relentlessly to become Born Again.
I sincerely believe that both my friend and I have been born again. But not only because of a ritual, seminar or affiliation to a group, although these greatly help.
I believe we should all be born again every day. We must be renewed and relive our faith on a daily basis. We shouldn’t bank on a ritual we had years ago or even last week. While that may have been a turning point in our life that became our “sacramental takeoff,” the grace we received there needs to be nourished every day.
Being born again in the Spirit is keeping that Spirit alive. It is opening ourselves every day to His love and mercy, direction and guidance, miracles and blessings.
Today, be born again! Alvin Barcelona (alvinbarcelona@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Find time to sit down and pause for a while. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, relax and receive the refilling of the Spirit in you. Feel the peace, the joy, the love, the renewal.
 
Come, Holy Spirit, renew the face of the earth as You renew me today.
 
St. Bernadette Soubirous, virgin, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive