A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections April 21, 2012


BELIEVE, DO NOT FEAR
 
“It is I; do not be afraid.” – John 6:20
What am I afraid of? I asked myself as I reflected on this verse. I couldn’t come up with an answer.
Maybe it was my pride or the thought of admitting that I was afraid of something (or someone) that prevented me from the truth. So I turned to the Lord in prayer and asked Him, “Father, what are the things that I am afraid of?” Here is what I sensed to be the Lord’s response to my question:
“My child, you fear failure. You fear that you will not have solutions to the problems of your family. You fear that you
may not be able to meet your goals, your aspirations. You fear you may not be good enough to be a wife and mother.”
There they were — the things I was afraid of but would not acknowledge, laid out before me by no other than God Himself.
I felt embarrassed for trying to deny my fears but thankful at the same time that the Lord, who knows me better than I do, made me confront my fears. I am thankful most of all for the promise He gave me: “Give all your fears to Me. I will take care of you. Believe. Do not fear for I am with you always.” Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
21
REFLECTION:
What are you afraid of? Surrender all your fears to God. He is bigger than your greatest fear.
 
Lord, replace my fears with Your grace and Your love. Your perfect love casts out my fears. I receive that peace that You promise to give me as I ask You to still my troubled heart. Because You are with me, I don’t have to be afraid. Amen.
 
St. Anselm, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive