A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections April 20, 2012

Leftovers
 
“Gather the fragments left over, so that nothing will be wasted.” – John 6:12
 
“Can I have a box please?” I asked the crew at the KFC in Amsterdam. I had a leftover chicken leg and I wanted to take it home.
“You can’t do that here,” my sister said.
“Can’t do what?” I asked.
“Here in Europe, we don’t take home leftover food from restaurants,” she explained.
“Hey, this is the only KFC in this part of the world and it’s at least 150 miles from your place. I know it will be a while before I get to have another KFC chicken so I am taking home this chicken leg to savor later, no matter what!” I said.
Today’s Gospel reminds us of how much Jesus cares for us. He not only fed us with His words but also made sure that we are able to savor the “leftovers” of His presence, which we get to enjoy every day — healing, answered prayers, and many other miracles and blessings. He made sure that He leaves us with things to hold on to when we are faced with life’s difficult challenges. Nothing can be a more powerful reminder of His love than these tangible graces we encounter each day through sacraments and prayers.Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
20
REFLECTION:
Every little blessing is God’s love overflowing.
 
Lord Jesus, let me experience the “leftovers” of Your mighty works each day. Amen.
 
St. Beuno, abbot, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive