A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- March 08, 2012


Mommy and Inday
 
“My son, remember that in your lifetime you were well-off while the lot of Lazarus was misfortune. Now he is in comfort and you are in agony.”– Luke 16: 24
 
At age 54, Mommy succumbed to cancer. For her 10th death anniversary, I made a video of snippets from her youth until adulthood and memoirs from family and friends.
On her 20th death anniversary, I watched the video again. This time around, I was struck by Inday’s testimonial. You see, Inday was Mommy’s loyal household help and my yaya(nanny). She was already in her late 30s when she finally left us to start her own family. It was providential that I found her years later to hear her stories. She intimated, “Lourdes was a good person. She never treated me as her maid but made me feel like I was part of her family. Sheeven gave me a pearl. She said it was her inheritance for me.”
Mommy’s kindness to a person when others would have shown apathy or could have maltreated them because of their status in life earned for her a special place in Inday’s heart. She also earned her place by the Lord’s side. As her only daughter, I strive to emulate her and do little good deeds for the day, every day. Marie Franco (mariefranco_pie@yahoo.com)
8
REFLECTION:
Little acts of kindness have a reaping effect in God’s hands.                                                                                          
 
Lord God, let me praise and honor You through little acts of random kindness I do to people around me.
 
St. John of God, religious, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive