A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- March 06, 2012


Example That We Set
 
“Do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not follow their example. For they preach but they do not practice.” – Matthew 23:3
 
My Mama, God bless her soul, has passed away but she set a good example for me and my brother while we were growing up. She asked us to speak kindly to each other and never to utter curse words. I never heard my parents quarrel because they would do it in their room. And when she exhorted us to serve each other, she would set the example by serving us first during mealtimes. I have many weaknesses, but I’ve always tried to abide by the little kindnesses that my mother demonstrated.
Because there are people who look up to me (whether I like it or not), it gives me pause for thought that I might be leading others away from God by the life that I live, just like the Pharisees in the verse above. Wouldn’t it be a terrible thing to live seemingly like a Christian and then be found to be a fake when you get to the other side?
As we look at our own lives, let us ponder on the example that we set through our thoughts, words and deeds. And let us strive to do better.  Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
6
REFLECTION:
What kind of example have I set for my family and friends?
 
Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner. May You increase and I decrease.
 
Servant of God Sylvester of Assisi, pray for us.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive