A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

To whom do you run first in times of trouble or disappointment? - Daily Bible Reflections August 23, 2016


HIS GRACE
 
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself... encourage your hearts and strengthen them in every good deed and word. – 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
 
       I made it my goal for the year. I worked hard to make sure that I’d be able to run whatever training programs and workshops I planned to do. I was determined to earn the prize the following year.
       But when the midyear bonus was paid out, I wasn’t among those who received it. I was disappointed and confused. I asked my immediate superior why I didn’t get the bonus. She gave me an explanation that I didn’t think was sufficient. I felt cheated.
     There is always something that can disappoint us every day of our lives. Think about this day. Are there concerns that disturb you? Is there someone who has disappointed you? How do you deal with your feelings? How do these affect your actions?
      As we remember how much God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ love us, may our hearts and souls be strengthened. May we continue to do the good that God has called us to do in the midst of our challenges as we allow His grace to renew and recharge us every day. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: To whom do you run first in times of trouble or disappointment?
 
May my heart be open to receive Your grace always, Lord. For by Your grace alone can I continue to walk in faith.
 
St. Rose of Lima, virgin, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive