A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

What you do is important. It will be more significant if it reflects the glory of God and make way for Jesus to be seen - Daily Bible Reflections December 15,2013

FRONT ACT

 
“Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you.” – Matthew 11:10
 
I love John the Baptist. He’s Jesus’ “front act.” He knew when it was his time to shine, and knew when to fade out. No wonder Jesus said, “There has been none greater than him.”
       I am used to being introduced as someone who was once a front act of the legend, Freddie Aguilar. And I usually quip that as a front act, I’m the one who performs while there aren’t many people yet. And when a sizable audience has gathered, it’s my cue to exit so that the main act, the real star of the show, comes in.
       When I began preaching as one of Bo Sanchez’s Kerygma preachers I would always get the question, “Where is Bo? Is he coming?” It was as if my role was simply to make way for him. Yet, even now, after decades of preaching and teaching about God, I do believe I really am and really should “simply” make way as an “advance messenger.”
       Because when you’re in the limelight where people look up to you and applaud you, it’s very easy to fool yourself that it all stops with you. Thank God I had good practice as a front act so that I would always remind myself, “Hey, what you do is important. But in the end it’s not about you. It’s about Him – the Real Star — Jesus.”Alvin Barcelona (apb_ayo@yahoo.com)
 
 
Reflection: What you do is important. It will be more significant if it reflects the glory of God and make way for Jesus to be seen.
 
Dear Lord, thank You for the blessed privilege to make my work a reflection and message of Your goodness and love. Amen.
 
Blessed Mary Frances Schervier, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive