A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

What will you choose to say yes to today? - Daily Bible Reflections December 9,2013

Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
 

YES

 
Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” Then the angel departed from her. – Luke 1:38
 
Growing up I thought the Immaculate Conception was about Mary being pregnant though she was a virgin. Many Christians still think that. But, it’s actually about Mary being conceived in her mother’s womb without sin. She was born free from the original sin! It was her destiny to be that sinless woman who would be the mother of the Messiah.
       In today’s Gospel, that moment came when her free will played a major role. Angel Gabriel announced what would happen. Was Mary greatly confused? You bet. But she agreed.
       At the back of my mind I asked, “What if she said no?” I don’t know the answer but I’m just so happy she said yes.
       My role here on earth cannot be compared to Mama Mary’s, but like her, I can say yes. I have the power to say yes to smile more. Yes to listen to others. Yes to forgive.Yes to remain quiet when I’m about to burst in anger. Yes to counting my blessings. Yes to serving the Lord. Carlo Lorenzo (carloflorenzo@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What will you choose to say yes to today?
 
Heavenly Father, I offer You the “yeses” I will make today to glorify You. May I reflect You, my God of love and mercy.
 
St. Juan Diego, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive