A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Don’t wait for calamity to strike or accidents to happen before you simplify your life and show your loved ones how much you love them - Daily Bible Reflections December 30,2013

A SIMPLE LIFE

 
Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. – 1 John 2:15
 
“Live simply so that others may simply live.”
       This had been one of the memorable lessons I learned in my RELSFOR (Religion 4 – Social Responsibility) course back in college.
       Although I relatively led a simple life prior to one of the biggest setbacks in my life, supertyphoon Ondoy (a.k.a. Ketsana) taught me to let go of most of my material possessions and the mundane things in life. It taught me the art of giving up trivial stuff.
       The deluge that inundated my entire house on my 28th birthday taught me to prioritize storing riches in heaven instead of accumulating material wealth on earth. It taught me to prioritize relationships more than career. It taught me to be humble enough to accept help from other people. It taught me that in the face of calamity, loved ones matter most, and God sends angels along my path. I only have to cling to His promises. Ems Sy Chan (havenofleeanne@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Don’t wait for calamity to strike or accidents to happen before you simplify your life and show your loved ones how much you love them.
 
Father, thank You for Your wonderful gift of life. May I spend my borrowed life wisely by building strong relationships and storing riches in heaven.
 
St. Egwin, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive